Many people come to therapy because they suffer feelings of depression. Depression is a horrible experience in itself, but with depression and can come guilt and worry about how your mood is effecting others around you, in both your professional and personal life. Overall creating a vicious circle.
If you’re depressed you may experience
- Overwhelming pessimism
- Difficulties in concentration
- Disturbed sleep and irritability
- Feeling tearful and crying
- Suicidal thoughts
- Social Withdrawal
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of sex drive and desire
- High levels of anxiety and panic attacks
- Difficult guilt feelings, particularly to those closest to you
As depression is unique for everyone, therapy and counselling will examine your experience of your mood; how you find yourself attuned to the world, exploring the root causes of depression and low mood.
Issues for Depression Counselling